Thursday, August 18, 2011

Welcome Alivia Jane!!!!

Welcome to the Family Alivia!!!!! Since I don't ever post on the Blog and Mom is not able to do so, I guess I can help pick up the slack.


Well our C-section was scheduled for 7:30 a.m. and we were supposed to get to the hospital at 5:30. Labor and Delivery wanted us to call ahead of time and make sure that they were not to busy to take us. We called at 5:00 a.m. and they asked us to wait an hour and come in at 6:30. Mom was to excited / anxious to sleep. When I got up at 4:30 mom was already up posting on her blog because she couldn't sleep.

We rolled into the hospital at 6:30 and they got us both dressed. 


Once we were dressed and met all the nurses and staff we headed up to the OR number 9. So I can't really explain what happened initially in the OR. They didn't let me in so I sat in the hallway on a stool and was given "the eye" by surgeons, patients, etc...... I guess since the U recently remodeled and built new rooms, Labor and Delivery had not finished their OR rooms and we were borrowing one from the regular Surgery Department.

Enter me into the room. Basically it looked like a garage for humans. Lots of things around, super bright, I was lead around this huge sheet that was about 6 inches away from moms face. She looked pretty nervous "as expected" and I was given a little stool to sit on by her head. It seemed to me like they started right away because we were not in there much longer than 40 minutes total. I occasionally tried to poke my head up but the sheet was really high and the Anesthesiologist was right behind me and I didn't want to get in the way.

Earlier before I went into the room the MD that was performing the section asked if I wanted to announce the gender. I told her that it was fine if she wanted to do it and she seemed excited to be given permission to do so.

Mom says she didn't feel a thing. Some tugging and lots of "weirdness" but eventually the Doctors said that we had a beautiful baby GIRL! I was shocked, I really thought we were going to have a boy because I wanted a girl and I just thought things would go opposite of what I wanted. The pediatricians cleaned her up at the cart, sucked her out and let me take her over to mom for 5 or so minutes. They then took her down to the nursery and I decided to stay with mom to make sure she gets sewed up and feeling better.



After about an hour the nursery brought her back up to us. She is soooo cute, seems to like to suck her thumb like her big sister. She was rooting around like she wanted to eat and took to it like an old pro. So while baby and mom were bonding (and a nap planned thereafter), I ran home real quick and got the rest of the team.



The kids are so excited for their new baby sister. All of them were really pumped to hold her and interact with her. Even though they fight a ton the love they have for each other really came out.

We then got to give her her first bath.



She is beautiful! 6 Lbs and 3 oz. 17.5 Inches long, with dark hair which is very different from all the other kids.


4 comments:

Britney said...

How fun to see a post about new baby Alivia on the day she was born. Very nice Erek!

She is so beautiful! Loved all the pictures and can't wait to hold her.

Rest us Lisa. You two make beautiful babies!!!

Love ya!

Neena said...

Lisa she is beautiful!!! I have been reading your blog and thought for sure you were having a boy. Shows you how much I know. I am so excited for your guys Congratulations!!!

Becca Jane said...

CONGRATS!! A girl! So perfect. She is beautiful.

Ward said...

Awesome post there Erek!!! I am so glad she is here!! The kids looked like they had a blast holding her. Cant wait to meet here. Congrats again you guys make beautiful baby's for sure.