Saturday, June 26, 2010

Summertime

We have had a fabulous summer already this year but with all the heat and running around playing I'm feeling a little summer time over load. After this last week I was really looking forward to just a lazy day at home. Yet, we have had tons fun fun, here is what we have been up to.
We spend Tuesday afternoon down in Provo, at my sister's house. We had a nice lunch and then let the kids run in the sprinklers and the little kiddy pool. They had fun and it was pretty hot out. We had a great time playing with Eliza and Julie.



On Wednesday, we decided to take a day trip up the canyon. One of our favorite camping sites is up at Payson Lakes. I have been wanting to go camping so much lately, but since we can't make it out camping for a few more weeks, this was the next best thing. We love this place because there are tons of trees, so lots of shade, a great lake that you can swim/fish in, lots of mountain biking/hiking trails, and it is only an hour drive away.
When we got to the lake, we had out picnic lunch. Then we got ready for a bike ride on the Blackhawk trail. The trail was about 5 miles and was really fun. I liked this trail because it was pretty easy and it was so beautiful riding through fields and tress. The trail ends back on the main road up the canyon, so we had to ride the road back up to the campground. Which was a hard ride, by this point Logan was done. But we all made it in time. After our ride, we were all ready to cool off in the lake. It was pretty cold at first but once you were in it felt good. The boys thought ti was too cold so they didn't get in much but the rest of us had fun. It was a great day.





On Friday, the kids and I meet up with my friend Denice, her daughter Eisley and neice Amber. It was "Fry-Day" at the Salt Lake Rec Centers and we got in free for just showing that we had brought sun screen. We went to the Taylorsville pool. I haven't been there yet and it was an awesome pool. They had a water slide, that Jaycob went down at least 20 times I swear. He loved it, he even got me and Logan to go down it once. Logan wasn't as big of a fan but I thought it was really fun. There is also a great little kids area where the water wasn't very deep and with fountain and water features. We didn't even get out to the big pool at all but thats ok. It was tons of fun but I really got sunburned (maybe I should have put more of that sun screen on!). All in all we had a great week and what a fun way to enjoy the summer.



1 comment:

Team Beardshall said...

I love the free fry day idea and the sunscreen! Ha, I'll have to head over there looks like fun!