Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Farm

I am the Cub scouts as the Wolf den leader in my ward at church. This is the 8 year old boys, so Jaycob is in my group. We combine with 3 wards so there are more boys and more leaders. Yesterday, we all went on a field trip to Wheeler Farm. I love the farm, I think it is so fun there. I brought Bella and Logan along, they are Honorary cub scouts most of the time (not always by choice). We have been working on collections and talking about collecting things. Before we went tot eh farm each boy showed us collections they have been working on. Jaycob has been collecting the 50 state quarters and is just 6 away from having them all. Logan also wanted to start a collection and he is collecting pennies. starting from this year he has most all of them back to the 60's and even one from 1954. They have been working hard on their collections and love doing it.
Our field trip to Wheeler Farm was to see their many collections. They have collections of animals, old farm tools, tractors, and etc... The boys had a wonderful time looking at everything and playing around. We had only 5 cub scouts with us, out of our usual 8. So it was really easy with 4 leaders.











2 comments:

Britney said...

Fun! That's a great place for pictures! :)

Clarke and Kamie said...

love that place!