Friday, January 8, 2010

finally

I have finally finished My blog book. (Ok so I finished it over a month ago and haven't had the time to post about it yet.) This was such a big project to do but I treasure it so much. This is the best "journal or scrapbook" of our lives for the first year and little bit of us posting on our family blog.
Thank you to Britney who had made hers first and showed me how to make mine!

Here is how you do it. I used the program Blurb BookSmart at Blurb.com You can download the program for FREE (both Macs and PC's work). Then you can upload part or your whole blog, you pick. It was so easy. But then here comes the work. You can design each page. I had to go through and change all my photos to a higher resolution, so that took for ever. I have already started my next book for the 2009 year and this time I did it on my Mac and it already uploaded my whole iphoto library which has made it a hundred times easier already.
After you have Edited and designed each page the way you want it. You can spell check and double check it to make sure its how you want it. Then are ready to publish your book. Depending on the number of pages is how much it costs. Mine is A 8x10 book with 121 pages, on the Premium paper and ImageWrap (which means the Pictures on the front cover are printed right on the front and back of the book not the dust cover.) It would normally cost about $60 plus shipping. I had an email that offered a discount of 20% and free shipping so I only paid about $46 for every thing. I think it is a great deal.

So here it is:
The front cover

The first post in November 2007, not including the ones we had lost for the 3 months before this one =(



This is one of my favorite pages, I just love how I put the writing on top of the fireworks picture.


I also loves this next ones. The quality of the printing in the book is perfect and so I loved how the full page pictures turned out.


Back cover

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love my Blurb book, I printed mine about a year ago, It makes me feel less guilty for not scrapbooking and not journaling. We miss you guys!

Clarke and Kamie said...

AW it's beautiful!!! It took sooo much time to do mine but now it's one of my prized possessions (since I don't scrapbook anymore!)
LOVE your family pics. They are beautiful!

Denice said...

I LOVE it Lisa!! When we get together, you and Brit both need to bring them so I can look at them..there are some pics that I don't remember seeing on the blog. I am so glad you are happy with it!!

Britney said...

Love it Lisa...such a huge project, but worth it in the end!