Friday, September 12, 2008

Logan's 1st day of Preschool

This week Logan started preschool. He is very much a mama's boy so this wasn't going to be easy on either of us. For months we had been preparing him and getting him excited. He has had his backpack packed up for weeks. But when the momment came to walk him to school, he didn't want to go.
We held hands as we walked and I talked him through it. I had given him my "magical" watch and explained what time I would be coming back. Yet, with every step he was getting more upset and scared. Luckily he knew someone in his class but he kept begging me to stay with him. I kept telling him that he was going to have so much fun and that I couldn't stay but it didn't help. I talked to his teachers to let them know that he has a hard time with change and he is very shy until he get to know you. They assured me that he will be fine and not to worry. So I kissed him good by as he was balling and walked out, I didn't realize I would be crying too on the way home. I did call his class room an hour later to check up on him, like a crazy mother would do. But this time around it was so much harder. Logan had been my little shopping buddy for the last 4 years, now Izzy will take over that title. He is really a mama's boy and I have loved being so close to him.
Later when I picked him up he was so excited to tell me all about his new friends and the school rules and of course play time. He had a great day! Each day it is getting a little easier for him to go and he always comes home so excited about his day.
Good job little buddy, I can't believe how big you are growing!

As a side note, I made this scrapbook page online. I have so far decide not to do my scrapbooking digital, because I love being creative and I have so much stuff. But I found this website scrapblog.com and thought I would try it. Its totally free and has lots of fun options. So I had fun doing it.

3 comments:

Meghan Huntsman said...

I love your cute blog! Send me an e-mail and I will invite you to mine! meghan.huntsman@gmail.com

Denice said...

The page turned out great Lisa! Logan is such a sweetie and I'm sorry it was such a tough first day for both of you. I'm so glad he is liking it now and so excited about it! :) Give him a big love for me.

Clarke and Kamie said...

aw! I love that he is so attached. Quite opposite with mine. She's like "see ya mom! I can go myself" as I am clinging to her:)