Monday, September 22, 2008

Jaycob turns Seven!

Happy Birthday Jaycob! This last week Jaycob turned 7. I am shocked at how fast the days are going by. He is now in 1st grade and seven years old. I really can't believe he will be 8 next year. As you all know Jaycob is in love with riding, he has become so good at riding his BMX bike and can do jumps and bunny hop and everything. Now he wants to try Mountain biking just like dad. So for his birthday he got a new mountain bike.  He was so excited! Erek was able to take the day off work and they hit the trail after school. As you will see in the video below. He loves riding in the dirt. Both Erek and Jaycob hope to start racing mountain bikes come next spring. 
As you can see bikes are his favorite thing. I decorated the cake for him. He was kind of bummed when we went to the party store to get decorations and they had no biking stuff. "What Are they thinking?" 
This is the family that night when we went to dinner at the Mayan. Jaycob's favorite food is Mexican and they really enjoyed the diving show there. It was a ton of fun. 
 Jaycob riding on the Shoreline Trail.

6 comments:

Britney said...

Happy Birthday Jaycob! What an awesome new bike you have. Your Mom did such an amazing job on your birthday cake, I hope you gave her big hugs and kisses. I loved the video of you riding the trail, you made it up the hill like a breeze. My favorite picture in this post is the family portrait you all took, with everyone piled on top of one another! So cute, that one need a frame. Love and miss you!

Denice said...

How cute Lisa! I love the cake..you did such a good job on it and I'm so glad he loves the bike so much. Happy Birthday Jaycob!! Love the family picture too. You can just see the envy seething from Logan in the first picture.

Anonymous said...

That Birthday cake is amazing!! Lisa you have a hidden talent. Happy Birthday Jaycob!!

Clarke and Kamie said...

whoa! good work on the cake! I tried to make an elmo cake one year and I had to take it took a decorating shop because my job looked horrible--you are better than me.

suefoutz said...

You are not old enough to have a seven year old. Seriously! Your family is so cute. I love how boys mimic their dads, wanting to go mountain biking that is adorable.

Neena said...

Lisa- I can't beleive Jaycob is 7 is seems just like yesterday he was crawling over to play with my painted toes. Your family is adorable and I'm so glad you finally got a little girl she is so cute. I have been watching from my parents backyard the neighbors add on to your parents old house and I can't help but think, what are you doing to the Oviatts house. Even though it has been a long time since you lived there I still tell my kids how I used to climb over that fence to play with my friend Lisa and torment her little brother Josh.