Tuesday, January 1, 2008

NEW YEARS BABY !!!!!!!!









Happy New Years Everyone  :0) And what better way to ring in the new year than with a new baby to go with it. Welcome Isabella Marie Winnett! Our happy little one graced our family New Years Day at 6:01AM (Honestly wouldn't they just call it 6:00). She weighs in at 7 pounds 7 ounces and roughly 20 inches long. 
I guess a few details of the birth are in order. We had a new years game night at our house with our friends the Vesters and Lisa's brother Josh and his wife Annie. We played Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3, and Guitar hero. Our little bash ended about 12:30. About 1:00 or so Lisa began having some pain and some definite things going on but, we were not confident that they were contractions. She tried to sleep through it as much as she could but about 3:00am the pain was becoming more intense and we began trying to time the contractions. We called Labor and Delivery about 3:30 and they gave us some things we could do to try and make the pain go away, such as walking around, taking a warm shower, or what not. Well we walked around the house about twice and decided that we definetly needed to go to the Hospital. So I called my good friend Adam who lives upstairs to come down and be with the boys through the night. (Thanks a ton Adam) Lisa and I got to the Hospital about 4:00ish and we went immedietly to an exam room. The nurses examined her and found that she was dialated to a 6 and 80% effaced and she was still having pretty intense contractions. We then went quickly (as quickly as a pregnant woman can walk having serious contractions) to the delivery room. By then they rechecked her and she was dialated to a 10 and 100% effaced. They gave her some sort of pain medication to try and take the edge off the contractions a bit while they tried to get the anesthesiologist up to our room. Our anesthesiologist arrived shortly there after and spent about 30 minutes putting her epidural into her back (all while she is fighting the contractions and the urge to push as well). Once done the anesthesiologist said that it would take about 15 minutes for the medication to kick in and then she could start pushing her epidural button to ease her pain. Well about 7 minutes later and about 3 really good pushes little Isabella was born. Lisa did not even really have an opportunity to have any real medication for her pain and let me just say that she is definetly way way tougher than I am. Wow am I proud of her.
So here we sit with this most precious little girl and everything is perfect. It was quick and smooth and she is so adorable.
Here are a few pictures

8 comments:

Britney said...

Congratulations again! She's so cute, can't wait to meet her. It was fun to talk to you this morning Lisa. Love you all!

Denice said...

She is so gorgeous and the picture of her and the boys is very cute! Lisa - you are amazing!! I can't wait to meet her when we visit!! Love and miss you all!!

Lisa said...

Good Job Sweetie!!!!! Thank heavens she looks like you :0)

Britney said...

I'm a nut. I just keep coming back to look at the cute pictures. sigh, she is just too cute for words!!!

Denice said...

You aren't the only nut Brit...this is about my sixth time. I can't get the video to pull up at home though...sigh!

Amber said...

Erek it looks like you got the video working, it looks awesome! Hope you guys are able to get some rest, especially Lisa. Isabella sure is cute. I think we should take some pictures of her next to Gideon when you guys are up to it, they are both the cutest babies. (but we're biased huh? :)

Erick H said...

Congrats Erek and Lisa. Your kids are so cute. I love the picture with the boys and Isabella together.

JEREMY OVIATT said...

You guys freaking rock. She is awesome and the photos and video are great. I hope Lisa and the rest of you guys are recovering and getting used to life with a little GRRRRRL! They are definetly awesome.

J