Friday, November 30, 2007

36 weeks and counting down

This Saturday I will be 36 weeks along in the pregnancy. I know it getting close now but I have figured that it will still be about another 4-5 weeks for sure. Yet, at my apt this week the doctors said that I was just dilated to a 1, which still means nothing. Also, the baby has not turned yet, so as of today he or she is head up and is what is known as Breeched. My doctor had me go in for an ultrasound this morning to confirm this was correct and it is. My doctor said the choices we have at this point are 1. try and turn the baby, which I hear it pretty painful for me. This is done by the Doctor basically pushing on my tummy trying to get the baby to turn head down. And the sucess of this is only 50%. Or 2. just keep going and see if the baby will turn on their own in the next week or two. If not I will have a C-section. Which does not sound fun either. I really don't want to have a C-section so hopefully the baby will just do it on their own in the next few days. I will let you know.
Here is some pictures of the baby's foot from the ultrasound today. I love the feet pictures the most. The Nurse also said that she could see hair on the baby's head, which is really cool. I can't wait to meet our new baby. Also, we made sure she knew that we did not want to find out what the baby is and so we still do not know if it is a boy or a girl!!

3 comments:

Britney said...

It seems like Gage was breech at my 34 week appointment? It was later in the pregnancy and he turned so I'll keep my fingers crossed. I love the ultrasound pics, look at that cute little footsie. Are you going in every week now???

Amber said...

Lisa I'm sorry the baby is still breech. I was really hoping he/she would have flipped for you. Will Dr. Chadaurie (sp?) let you try to deliver breech? I know in many cases if the doctor is willing you can still give birth vaginally, it can just take longer with pushing to get the baby out. Either way best of luck, and the foot picture is really cute!

Denice said...

Didn't this same thing happen with Logan? I thought they had to try and turn him...anyhoo..I'm so glad that everything else looks OK and I love the feet! I can't wait until I get the call that the new little one is here!!! Erek will call me right?!?!