Whoo Hoo! Graduation Day!
Mr. Big College Grad!What a stud! This has been very long awaited day for us. It has been a long road but it is so good to actually have a celebration and an end to this part of the journey. On May 5th, Erek Graduated with his BA degree from the U. We were so excited for this day, he has worked so very hard to get to this point. The kids and I, along with his dad, my parents and his grandma all came to the Commencement Ceremony that evening. There were tons of graduates, and I was worried that it was going to be a very long event. Luckily they kept it pretty short and it was done in just over and hour (I didn't think the kids could last much longer then that).
I bought him a flower Lei, I really wanted one in red so I had to order it. Its kind of silly but when both of the boys graduated (yes, from Kindergarten) we made sure to get them a Lei to wear. So I thought I will keep up the family tradition. I also made the Money Lei, this was my gift to him for graduating. It was huge, a bit overwhelming when you put it on. At first, I think he didn't know what to say about it, but as soon as he put it on, he got tons of attention. Everyone was talking about it. Complete strangers were asking if they could take his picture. It really made him stand out among the other 200 or so graduates. All this attention would have been too much for me, but not Erek he loved it and he had a great time with it. I told him that I want him and everyone else to know that he was the most loved fella there and I think we accomplished that!
(These pictures are not the greatest since we were far away). But you can tell it is him with the Leis.


After the Ceremony we all met out side for some pictures. The weather was perfect that day, luckily no more rain. It was such a great day, we will always remember it.

The Family

Erek and His Dad

Erek and Grandma King

Erek and my Parents
Erek we are so proud of you for making it this far. We know that you will do an awesome job in graduate school and can't wait for that journey to begin! We love you!
2 comments:
The lei looks great Lisa! Congrats again to Erek!!
Oh yes, that is a great lei! I love the family tradition you've started.
Congratulations to ALL of you on a job well done! So happy for you!
Post a Comment