Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Easter

I hope every one out there had a wonderful Easter. We sure did. I'm a little behind on getting these pictures posted but I am trying to get caught up on everything. We had a great family Easter Egg hunt a couple of weeks before Easter so the kids were very excited to be out hunting for the eggs.
Grandma and Grandpa are so nice to have a big hunt for all the grand kids but there is not treats
hiding in those eggs it is Money. The kids get pretty excited to find all that change, but then we make sure to split it equal in the end.


Here is just a sampling of some of our best Easter Eggs this year. Logan was begging me for days and days to color the Easter Eggs so we did it the Friday before Easter. I found this great idea in the Family Fun Magazine (it is great I highly recommend it!), The idea is while the eggs are still very hot to use crayons and draw on the eggs. It just melts the wax right onto the egg and makes some amazing colors and designs. I like that you don't have to worry about the smelly colors spilling and there is NO WAIT TIME you design it as you go. The down side is that once the eggs started to cool down a little it didn't work as well but we worked pretty fast. It was such a fun way to color the eggs.
On Saturday Morning I got brave and took the kids to a big Easter Egg hunt. I think it fun to be out there with tons of other people and grab the candy on the ground. We went to the Taylorsville Park. Bella was in the little kids are and the boys were in a old kids area. It was sad that I could see them find all their treats but they just stayed together (strick rule of moms!) and were able to come away with lots and lots of treats.




Sunday morning, the kids woke us up a little after 7, and we were able to convince them to let us sleep until 8! They just played in their room and waited for Mom and dad to wake up. They are so great! Then the hunt was on. The Easter Bunny had left them so many treats all through out the house. Bella got a new dress, some chalk and a sand pail. Logan and Jaycob both got new Shorts, a rocket and some Legos. They were all really happy with the prizes.

No comments: