Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tour de Cure

My Incredible husband Is taking on a incredible challenge, a hundred mile bike race.
Yes, riding is his passion and he loves it, every minute. He has done a few mountain bike races both under 20 mile long. But this is his newest crazy idea. He is going to ride in the Tour de Cure which is a race for a wonderful cause to help American Diabetes Association. I think he is crazy to take on such a challenge but this is how he is. Yes, he could have signed up for a 25 mile ride or even just 50 but no he wants to go for the big one. I am so proud of him for taking on this challenge and for being so excited to do it.

Since this is to help raise money to fight Diabetes he has set a fundraising goal of $500. He is already more then half way there. He is doing an amazing job!

This is what he has posted on his Tour de Cure web site Erek Winnett. You can click on this link to check out more information on this cause and to donate if you can, anything can help fight this disease.

I don't have diabetes however my father in law does. He's such an amazing person and I am personally riding for him. He has always been there for me whenever I needed him and riding my bike to support such a worthy cause / person is the least I can do. I also work at Smiths Pharmacy. I have many wonderful customers that I see each day and many of them also have diabetes. The cost of purchasing Insulin / Medication and diabetic supplies is very high especially if you don't have insurance that will cover the costs. Then after spending all their money on these supplies they have to manage their condition effectively.

I will be putting all my donors names (or the names of those they are donating for) an a pair of arm sleeves that I will be riding the entire course with. Just let me know the names of those you want me to put on the sleeves.

Erek Winnett

I am so proud of you sweetie for taking on such a challenge and for wanting to ride for my dad. That means the world to me. Good Luck babe!

No comments: