Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Love

(I know this post is a bit late but its been another busy month for us.)
We had a wonderful Valentines day! I was actually really excited it was on a Sunday and both Erek and I had the day off. That is something that is very rare these days. But it was so nice to have a relaxing day at home together.


I got an idea a week or so before Valentines to get some fortune cookies for the kids and hide my own little notes in them. I was really excited but then as the days got closer I didn't have time to try and figure out where to buy them. So I found a recipe online and thought I would give it a try. The recipe is actually really simple but it is the folding skills that I quickly learned is something that comes with much practice. I will have to try this recipe out again in future. In the end I am very happy with the way they turned out. The Kids were excited to eat them but they did tell me they didn't taste quite as good as the ones at the restaurant, but it was still fun.



One of the many amazing things about Erek that I love is he can never just buy a card, he always makes one. It is usually a collage of photos and a sweet poem. He is pretty good at making up poems and that kind of stuff. They always make me laugh but melts my heart at the same time. For every Birthday, Anniversary and Valentines he makes them. He is so creative! Not me, I buy the card. Here is this years Valentines card....

Front

Inside

I always tell him he should send them to Halmark, but they are usually just something funny that only we will laugh at. But he could make millions!


Happy Valentines Day to all of you!
WE LOVE YOU!

1 comment:

Denice said...

I love the fortune cookies Lis..they look great!! What a fun and creative idea! I know I have told you but I LOVE that Erek does that for you..even though it is expected each time, that is SO sweet and thoughtful of him! You two are so perfect together!! Love you!