Friday, June 5, 2009

Memorial Day

I know this is a little late but I still wanted to post these pictures, cause I thought that they were really cool.
For Memorial Day Erek and Jaycob competed in another mountain bike race. This was the Stan Crane Mountain Bike Race in Draper. When we woke up that morning we were a little disappointed to see rain yet again. After a 2 hour rain delay, the races began. It turned out to be a very nice day and warmed up pretty fast. Jaycob raced in a 1.5 mile loop, he was pretty tired but did really good. Erek raced a 7 mile loop, which was mostly single track. (which means the trail is not very wide so not a lot of passing.) He said it was a really fun ride with some good down hill and river crossings. They both did really good. I am just so proud of them for getting out there and trying. They really have a lot of fun racing. After the race we joing the Utah Mountain Biking team for a team Bar B-Q. Which turned out to be nice since the sun was out and the weather warmed up.




1 comment:

lisa winnett said...

man you guys are amazing. I mean racing in the mud muck and the cornfields. Thats Tuff. Not to mention how focused and determined Erek looks. He is such a hunk of a man. How Dreamy!!!!