Monday, January 12, 2009

THIRTY

This past weekend I turned THIRTY. This is not something I have been excited about. Actually I have been dreading it,
when ever Erek has asked me about it, I have let him know that it was not a good thing. So for the last month he has been talking about a big surprise for my birthday. I love the idea that he came up with. The he planned everything himself including making all arrangements and babysitting. I totally love that he really thought about me and what I would like. But I don't love surprises, I really have to know what is going on. So after driving him crazy for a week or so he finally gave in and told me his plans. I know I feel horrible because I made him tell me but I was really relieved to hear the plans and it was only a couple days before. It was good because I was able to plan, and I found a discount that we were able to use which is always good right?

OK, so here are the plans...
Saturday afternoon Erek and the Kids dropped me off at Landis Spa. Were he had already arranged for me to get my hair cut and colored. Also to get my makeup done with a makeup lesson.

Before


It was so fun to be pampered. As I was getting my hair done I also received a hand massage, which was so nice. The guy that cut and colored my hair, his name was Logan and he was really fun to talk to. I brought in a couple picture of hair styles I liked and he was able to help me decide what color to go with. While the color was setting on my hair they did my makeup. Which was really a lot of fun. I usually only wear mascara and so it was nice to get ideas on how I should actually wear my makeup and what looks good on me.
Two and a half hours later Erek came to pick me up and he was a bit shocked to see my new hair color. At first he couldn't find me in the salon. But he said he loves the new color and thought I looked amazing. I love how I looked, the hair color was a bit bright and has taken a bit to get used to it but I really love the cut.

After


After Erek picked me up. We went home and got dressed for dinner. Erek had bought me a new dress that he picked out himself. (much advice from so many girls at the stores he says) I love it I mostly wear skirts when I dress up but I have wanted a really nice dress to wear out so he did an amazing job picking it out. He also planned for me what shoes to wear. He had really thought of it all. It was amazing. He also gave me a bracelet and a locket necklace with pictures of him and the kids inside. He is so sweet.

We went to dinner at the Roof restaurant. So yummy! it was delicious and we were very excited. Our table over looked Temple square, so it was an amazing view. The food was very good and were very stuffed by the time we left.

It was such a wonderful day. Erek hope was to make my 30th birthday a day I will never forget and it definitely was. I love him so much and I love how creative he is. Erek you are amazing and you make me feel like a queen. Thank you so much, I totally love you more then anything!!!!
So by the way, thirty its actually pretty good so far!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 30th! I am so impressed with your husbands planning! I love the hair color it looks great on you!

Denice said...

Lisa - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your hair!!! I'm so glad you did it! Erek is insanely sweet and thoughtful and I am SO glad you had a wonderful birthday!! Love and miss you!

Neena said...

Happy Birthday, I love the hair!
PS can Erek call my husband in September when I turn 30, he did an awesome job planning your b-day.

Britney said...

I love your hair to Lisa, what a fun change. Good for you! Kudos again to Erek, such a great husband you have.

Glad you had a great Birthday! Loves.

Clarke and Kamie said...

oooh I am LIKING that hair color! Pretty and bright! Great for winter. I went super blond this winter and it was a good decision for me because I think it brightens my mood:)
Happy 30th! I will be there soon...wierd. We are growing up! Glad you and your hubby had such a great time.

Amber said...

Lisa I love it! I love your hair and I'm so glad you had fun. Erek talked about his plans all semester and I'm so happy they went so well!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the hair!! You are adorable.