Sunday, May 4, 2008

Our Weekend

So we have finally made it through spring semester, Erek now gets a whole week off before starting once again in Summer. We celebrated by going up to Park City. My parents had a condo up there for the week so we crashed with them for a few days. (If it wasn't for them we would never get away!) 

Me and the kids on the bus ride just to get out for a while. This was Izzy's first time on the bus. and the boys like riding the bus too, no seat belts! They think that is the coolest!

We had a ton of fun swimming and relaxing. It was nice to just get away for a bit. My sister Julie, her husband and daughter and my brother Josh and Annie came up too. It was lots of fun to hang out with them and the weather was pretty nice while we were there. 
Izzy wasn't to sure about the pool at first, as you can tell. But after a few minutes she began to splash a little bit. The boys loved it. The pool was very large and only gets just over 3 feet deep in the middle. The boys could touch the bottom most of the time and so they weren't afraid to jump in and go under which is a big accomplishment!
Me with Izzy and Julie with Eliza

We came home Saturday night so we could make it to church on Sunday because Erek has been called to the Elders Quorum Presidency. But that night I came down with the Flu and was sick all night. Erek took the kids to church while I stayed home and rested. I felt so bad that he had to handle it all on his own, but he was willing to do it. The boys were really good about helping him out, but I'm sure that he will be glad to have me back to normal again soon. And I'm doing much better now. 
Sunday Afternoon Erek and the kids went to my parents to watch the Jazz beat up on the Lakers (at least that is what we wanted to see). The Jazz have made it to the second round of the playoffs after beating the Rockets in 6 games. We really hope they can beat out the Lakers but it is going to be a hard series. Erek loves basketball and he gets the boys to do mowhawks for every game. It really fun because we usually have a big party at my parents for each game. The Lakers won this game but it was a pretty close one at the end, Lets hope thee next one the Jazz can pull it off.

3 comments:

Britney said...

Ahh...a few days in Park City. How fun! I've had the itch to go swimming lately. Can't wait for swim lessons this summer.
I didn't even know the Jazz were in the playoffs!?!?!? ;)

Denice said...

Brit is crazy...I live in another state and I know the Jazz are in the playoffs! ;) I'm SO glad you were able to get away and have some fun! I love the pic on the bus..the boys look so excited!! I can't believe how big Issy is though. ;( Love and miss you!

Amber said...

What a fun trip, sorry you got sick at the end of it. Thats never fun.