Its just about Easter so we need to get some eggs colored. My kids love this, me not so much. First off the mess it makes. Second, the there's never enough eggs. I don't want to make 4 doz hard boiled eggs. And lets be honest I need to make a few of my own, I can't just sit back and not jump in too. There are always casualties no matter how hard I try to remind them to be careful, one or three have to roll a crossed the floor at one point or the other. And last, I hate the smell of the vinegar. Yet we have to make Eggs! It is a tradition and it is still fun.
But thanks to the beauty of the internet {Mainly Pinterest} I am getting a lot smarter about how to make the eggs successful. Use Kool-Aid for the colors this was brilliant! No Vinegar smell! I got the idea here heyjenrenee.com. I couldn't find all the different colors at the store so we added food coloring to change some up a bit, but I'm already keeping my eyes open for next year.
Also, the smartest idea ever has to be using a cupcake pan for all the colors. They are not quite deep enough to cover the whole egg so you do have to rotate it a bit. Yet I was able to fill two holes with the color which in turn makes for two kids using the same color at the same time. Well worth rotating a few eggs I would say.
So I think our eggs turned out pretty darn good this year and we had a great time doing it.






No comments:
Post a Comment