I recently did some very important research on the topic. I know this is so scientific and all, So I'm sure it will be right. Yet, some of these are just pretty ridiculous and could go either way. Lets see how wise these Old Wives are and if they know what I am having.
Heart Rate: If the heart rate is above 140 it's a girl. If it's below, it's a boy.
Results: Our doctor just recently told us the heart beat was about 135. Our Dr. Actually believes this one might be a true tale, if you look back over the pregnancy, it has been up and down and mostly above 140, therefore, GIRL!
Queasy Does It: Sick as a dog during the first trimester. Signs indicate you're having a girl. Little or no morning sickness points to a boy.
Results: NO morning sickness at all - BOY! Actually Jaycob was the only one that I did have morning sickness with. So I don't believe this one either way.
Ancient Chinese Secret: This ancient Chinese method uses your age at conception and the month you did the deed to determine gender.
Results: Well it says it's a GIRL! So does that mean everyone that was 31 back in November that got pregnant are having girls????
Sweet and Sour: Craving ice cream every single day? Some people believe this means it's a girl. If you have to have salty or sour stuff, then it's a boy.
Results: Ice Cream... yeah I've been craving Ice Cream for the last 30 years, it is my weakness! Early on the the pregnancy I was craving meat and salty stuff, but now I crave Chocolate and pretty much any kind of sweet stuff. So a GIRL!
Hair & Skin: If your hair grows faster than usual, it's a boy. If you're breaking out like crazy, blame it on your girl babe. The belief goes that girls steal their mother's beauty, hence, those annoying zits.
Results: Well from the beginning I was frustrated that my hair has not been growing fast with taking prenatal vitamins and all. But I really haven't had breakouts either so this one is a bust.
High or Low: If you're carrying high, it's a girl. If you're carrying low, it's a boy.
Results: I feel like I'm carrying low this time a round. I remember the pain of being kicked and shoved in the ribs and I haven't had that too much yet. But as I get closer I'm sure it will get more squished in their and I will feel the feet in my bruised ribs. Low = BOY!
Shape of the Bump: Looks like a basketball then boy; watermelon its a girl.
Results: I think I'm just big all around so many be a watermelon - GIRL!
Even and Odd: Legend has it that the Mayans determined a baby's sex by looking at the mother's age at conception and the year of conception. If both are even or odd, it's a girl. If one's even and one's odd, it's a boy.
Results: Age - 31. Year - 2010. One odd one even = BOY!
Names: They say that if you settle easier on a name for a particular gender, then that's what it will be.
Results: Well we still haven't officially decided on a name either way yet. We still have our favorite boy name from last time around and are leaning towards that name for a boy but a girl name is still up in the air we keep talking about new ones we like so we just haven't decided yet. Last time around we knew for sure if we had a girl the name would be Isabella, but I had a hard time settling on the boy name. I guess this one might actually be true. So I guess it must be a BOY!
Dad-to-be: Gaining weight in sympathy, its going to be a boy; remaining slender and athletic and really starting to annoy you with his energy and flat stomach, has to be a girl.
Results: Wait … his constant energy is always annoying, but that's why I love him. Yeah Erek has always more energy then anyone and it hasn't changed any. He still is as sexy as ever, even when he pretends to have a baby bump like me. So a GIRL!
So there you have it, it looks like it is split half and half! So I guess we still just have to wait and see.
2 comments:
I really have no guesses on my baby either. If I HAD to guess, I'd say boy, but who knows! I can't wait to hear what you have! Maybe we'll both have boys named the same thing, haha! Cute!
I have done the Chinese calendar both times with my Boys and it has been right for us. No matter what the sex of this little person all that matter is that he or she has 10 fingers 10 toes and is a HEALTHY little person. Its no fun having to worry about a sick little person. I cant wait to hear of the sex of the baby.. Cant wait. Ha ha ha. :o)
Post a Comment