Logan has learned so much this year I am amazed at the things he knows. He is reading so much he loves it. I know his teacher tried to get them super excited about books and learning but I think he also got it from watching Jaycob read all the time. Logan is excellent at math and His teacher told him he was one of the top kids. She was giving him 2nd grade math and he was blowing through it. He is no longer a 1st grader, and I think he is really excited to be a 2nd grader next year.

Jaycob with Ms. GuthrieI can't believe Jaycob will be in 4th grade next year... Crazy!!! He had a great year this year even though it was a little hard with out his best friends with him. His love of reading has really exploded. He reads all the time, he is reading the Harry Potter books for the second time right now. He also has loved science this last year. I think he love to know facts and how things work. He is always telling us some interesting fact about something. It is really amazing what this kid absorbs. He is so smart and will really miss DIA next year.
Jaycob all wet after the firetruck came the last day.That evening we took the whole family out to dinner at Rodizo Grill for some meat, lots of meat. We thought it would be a fun and special treat for making it through another school year. Both boys have done awesome this year.
---------------------------
I am torn on their school for next year, we have been at DIA (Dual Immersion Academy) for 4 years now and we are just done. We are tired of the lack of communication and disorganization of the school. It is a Charter school and we have been there since the doors have opened but still there is so many issues 4 years later and we have really thought that the education is suffering. It has been frustrating with how much emphasis the school puts on the Spanish language and culture, we really were the minority here. I would get notes and homework only in Spanish. We wished they would focus 50/50 on both languages. We love the idea of the Boys learning Spanish and English at the same time. They have done so well with it, Logan reads awesome and can comprehend it and same for Jaycob. I believe that because of amazing teachers at the school that is the only way that it has survived and that we have had a good experience. But we do feel there are other things that they are missing that other schools can offer. So now we are on the search for a new school. Luckily, there is a elementary school near by that does offer Dual Immersion with Spanish and currently we are on the waiting list to get both boys in. I hope that they can, they have put so much into learning Spanish for the last 4 years (Jaycob) and 2 years (Logan) that we want them to continue to build this language. It will be amazing if come high school, they are already fluent in another language and they don't have to try and learn it then. I know it didn't work for me. So we hope that we can continue to give them this opportunity and see how far they can really go. We know they can do it and so many other amazing things.
No comments:
Post a Comment