Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Tag

It has been so long since I have done one of these. So my friend Britney inspired me to do one again. It is fun to remember the small little Christmas Joys. So I thought I would post a Christmas Tag.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot chocolate! I do not like Egg Nog. Erek usually will buy a carton of it and take about one drink and it just sits in the frig. for the week.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa wraps our presents. Erek actually insisted on this one, but Santa never wrapped them when I was growing up. Sounds like more work for me.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I love colored lights.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? I never have but I always want to but just never do it.

5. When do you put up your decorations? The weekend after Thanksgiving, either Friday or Saturday sometime.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? We always had a Breakfast casserole (Eggs and sausage and other thing all cooked together) with cinnamon rolls and muffins on Christmas morning. So that is what I remember most.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Acting out the Nativity at my grandma's House. Now seeing the kids Act it out is really fun.

8. Did you write letters to Santa? Yes, I did.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, the kids open some PJ's and a Christmas Book. We have been collection a Christmas story each year and it is fun to read them all month and then on Christmas Eve we get a new one.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? The main theme is Snowman's. With Red and Silver ornaments, mostly.

12. Can you ice skate? Oh gosh not very good. I've only done it a few times but It is fun.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? That is a hard one. I remember getting a Talking Cabbage Patch doll and a horse for her. I really loved it.

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Celebrating the Birth of Christ and being with loved ones!

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Wow, that is hard. I love having tons of different treats to try them all. Anything chocolate!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? As a family was have started to do the 12 days of Christmas for someone each year and that has been so fun. The kids look forward to it and helping with it.

17. What tops your tree? This year nothing. Usually a Angel.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving. The first few years Erek and I were married we got so excited to give each other gifts, that we ended up opening most of the presents way before Christmas. It is always fun to have that one unexpected special gift for him. Also, watch kids open presents on Christmas morning is so fun.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? I love Christmas music. I start listening back in early November. A favorite would be Silent Night.

20. Candy Canes? Only the fruit flavored ones, not peppermint.

21. Do you feel Christmas is too commercialized? Yes and No. I love the idea of giving to those you love but sometimes it seems that the emphasis is spending money.

Happy Holiday to you all and I hope that you are enjoying this wonderful season.

No comments: