
Last Thursday the Utes were taking on TCU. I happened (erek) to be at work and was really wishing that I could go to the game. One of the ladies at my work was determined to find me some tickets so that I could go to the game. She happened to call one of our loyal customers and he drove his two tickets down to the pharmacy for me. Granted these seats sucked... Actually we didn't even have seats we had to stand at the back. But it didn't matter. We were there cheering on the greatest football team in the nation. It was black Thursday and you couldn't see any red in the stadium. It was sooooo freaking cool. The game was intense. Both defenses were not giving in. TCU's offense seemed to be moving the ball a bit better then the Utes. Two time the were within 40 or so yards for what should be easy field goals. The first one the kicker bangs off the left upright. Then King Louie botches his punt and 2 minutes later they were going for another filed goal attempt. I look at Lisa and say "there is no way he is going to miss another", and the football gods gave us a miracle. He shanked that punt so far right he wasn't even close. 2 minutes left and were down 4. Brian Johnson leads the team down the entire field and with 45 seconds left TOUCHDOWN UTES!!!!!! Unfreaking believable. TCU tries to get back down the field but ends up throwing a pick. What an awesome game. We may not have had stellar offense but when we really needed it, it was there.

I feel bad for our neighbors to the south when they come to visit Rice Eccles Stadium. Utah 35 Byu 10...... There is no way they will get through our defense...
GO UTES!
3 comments:
What a saw of it on TV (before I fell asleep), it was a great game! I'm glad you guys got to go and had so much fun! I was wondering about the black out...
We're Cougar fans, but I'll admit that Utah is doing AWESOME, and I'm rooting for them to keep it up!!!!
Of course you can get a handout!! I will print you up what I gave out, and then you can feel free to ask me anything...I love talking about money and stuff!
Post a Comment